Skip to main content

Eastlawn United Methodist Church (Idaville, White County, Ind.) records

 Collection
Identifier: LOC-2009-0088

Collection Statement

Membership information, official board minutes, council on ministries minutes, minutes of committees and commissions, historical information and some photographs that document the history of Eastlawn and its predecessors.

Dates

  • 1876 - 2009
  • Majority of material found within 1942 - 2006

Creator

Access Restrictions

Collection is open for research.

Usage Restrictions

Copyright interests for this collection have been retained by the United Methodist Church.

Historical note

Eastlawn United Methodist Church traces its history to the merger of Burnettsville and Idaville Methodist Churches in 1968. Idaville was organized in 1875 and purchased a building for worship in 1876. Burnettsville was assigned a minister in 1843. Eastlawn was closed in 2009.

Extent

1.9 Cubic Feet (1 record storage box, 2 letter-size document cases, 21 21 volumes)

Language of Materials

English

Status
Completed
Author
Wesley Wilson
Date
11/17/2009
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
English
Script of description
Code for undetermined script

Repository Details

Part of the Archives of DePauw University and Indiana United Methodism Repository

Contact:
Roy O. West Library
405 S. Indiana St.
Greencastle Indiana 46135 United States