Calvary United Methodist Church (Fort Wayne, Allen County, Ind.) records
The collection contains pictures of Calvary United Methodist Church, congregation and church activities, annual programs, centennial minutes, photographs, programs, men's Bible class, Loyal Workers class, guest book, scrapbook, centennial pageant, directories, and miscellaneous papers.
- 1905 - 1992
- Calvary United Methodist Church (Fort Wayne, Ind.) (Organization)
Collection is open for research.
Copyright interests for this collection are held by DePauw University.
In 1875, the Auglaize Conference (Ohio) of the United Brethren Church sent R.W. Wilgus to establish the Fort Wayne Mission Station. Later this became the First United Brethren Church, and in 1894 the name changed to Calvary United Brethren Church. In August of 1951, the church became Calvary Evangelical United Brethren Church. In 1968 it became Calvary United Methodist Church. The first building was erected in 1886, and the parsonage was built in 1906. A new building was built in 1927 and was occupied in January 1928, and a new parsonage was built in 1941.
0.86 Cubic Feet (2 document cases)
Language of Materials
- Lyndi Parent
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Archives of DePauw University and Indiana United Methodism Repository
Roy O. West Library
405 S. Indiana St.
Greencastle Indiana 46135 United States