Skip to main content

Bellaire United Methodist Church (Indianapolis, Marion County, Ind.) records

Identifier: LOC-2010-0075

Collection Statement

The Bellaire UMC collection consists of various records including Administrative Board and Official Board Meeting Minutes 1933-2007, membership records, baptismal records, marriage records, UMW/WSCS records, photographs, etc. Items are arranged alphabetically by subject with Abstract of Title and Legal papers being located in the last box of the collection.


  • 1933 - 2007

Access Restrictions

Collection is open for research.

Usage Restrictions

Copyright interests for this collection are held by DePauw University or the United Methodist Church.

Historical Sketch

Bellaire UMC was founded in 1876 in the Southeast Indiana Conference. The first church building was erected at 55th Street and East of Keystone. The church was named Malott Park, after the town in which it stood. In February 1914 the church was destroyed by fire but was rebuilt at the same location in 1915. In 1920 it was decided a more central location for the church would be desirable and the church building was moved to the Bellaire addition at 49th Street and Crittenden Avenue. In 1956 a new Parsonage/Youth Center, Sanctuary and Fellowship Hall were all constructed. An educational wing was added in 1958. The church closed in June 2007.


1.29 Cubic Feet (3 document cases; 4 bound volumes)

Language of Materials


Lyndi Parent
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
Script of description
Code for undetermined script

Repository Details

Part of the Archives of DePauw University and Indiana United Methodism Repository

Roy O. West Library
405 S. Indiana St.
Greencastle Indiana 46135 United States