Scott United Methodist Church (Indianapolis, Marion County, Ind.) records
The collection consists of Administrative minutes; anniversaries; circuit rider; financial reports; guest book; history; members; pictorial booklet; Scott & St. Paul Union Plan; bulletins; Senior Citizens; and miscellaneous items.
- 1967 - 1988
- Scott United Methodist Church (Indianapolis, Ind.) (Organization)
Collection is open for research.
Copyright interests for this collection are held by DePauw University or the United Methodist Church.
In 1908 a Sunday School was established under the auspices of Rev. J.S. Bailey, minister of Simpson Methodist Episcopal Church. A large storeroom at 20th and Yandes served as church and Sunday School meeting place. The membership soon grew too large for the storeroom and a blacksmith shop was purchesed for a church home. The Ladies Aid No.1 made the first payment of 15.00. on the blacksmith shop. The present church is located on this land.
0.8 Cubic Feet (2 document cases)
Language of Materials
- Lyndi Parent
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Archives of DePauw University and Indiana United Methodism Repository
Roy O. West Library
405 S. Indiana St.
Greencastle Indiana 46135 United States