Pyrmont United Methodist Church (Pyrmont, Carroll County, Ind.) records
The collection consists of baptisms, deaths and transfer members; church history; church treasurer's record; kindergarten; parsonage and trustee minutes; Q.C.R; W.M.A. history; WSWS Hanna Circle minutes; WSWS minutes; and WSWS miscellaneous.
- 1908 - 1979
- Pyrmont United Methodist Church (Pyrmont, Ind.) (Organization)
Collection is open for research.
Copyright interests for this collection are retained by the United Methodist Church.
On September 19, 1910, nine families met in an old schoolhouse to organize a class of the United Brethren. In 1911, under the pastorate of Rev. O.L. Richart, a very successful revival was held which brought a number of converts and new members into the church. A new building was completed by October 1911. There are no church records from 1912-1922, but other records indicate that the church grew and prospered. In 1951, the Pyrmont Church combined with Colburn and Ockley to form Colburn Circuit. Pyrmont United Methodist Church closed in 2006.
0.215 Cubic Feet (1 document case of 11 folders, 46 volumes)
Language of Materials
- Lyndi Parent
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script