Skip to main content

Tamarack United Methodist Church (Saint Joseph County, Ind.) records

 Collection
Identifier: LOC-2010-0005

Collection Statement

Volumes containing membership, baptisms, deaths, and lists of ministers, 1896-2004; Women's Society of Christian Service minutes 1964-1974; United Methodist Women minutes 1981-1987.

Dates

  • 1896 - 2004

Creator

Access Restrictions

Collection is open for research.

Usage Restrictions

Copyright interests for this collection have been retained by the United Methodist Church.

Historical Sketch

Tamarack United Methodist Church, in Saint Joseph County, Indiana, was located one mile south of Kern Road and one-fourth mile west of the intersection of Dogwood and Roosevelt Roads in Mishawaka, Indiana. Tamarack was organized in a log schoolhouse in 1855. The name came from the Tamarack trees in the nearby marsh. The building that exists today (with modifications) was constructed in 1880. The church officially closed November 30, 2008.

Extent

4 Volume(s) (4 volumes)

Language of Materials

English

See also:

Church History vertical file - Tamarack United Methodist Church (Mishawaka, Ind.)

Title
Tamarack United Methodist Church (Saint Joseph County, Ind.) records
Status
Completed
Author
Wesley Wilson
Date
11/22/2016
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
English
Script of description
Code for undetermined script

Repository Details

Part of the Archives of DePauw University and Indiana United Methodism Repository

Contact:
Roy O. West Library
405 S. Indiana St.
Greencastle Indiana 46135 United States