First United Methodist Church (East Chicago, Lake County, Ind.) records
History, minutes, correspondence, clippings, directories, membership, photographs, quarterly conference records and scrapbook.
- 1888 - 1994
- First United Methodist Church (East Chicago, Ind.) (Organization)
Collection is open for research.
Copyright interests for this collection are held by DePauw University.
This church was organized in 1888. The first services were held in a school house on 145th street, west of Baring Avenue. A small one-room church was erected and two small additions were added. This was used until the present building was built in 1912. Many improvements have been made to the exterior and interior of the church building. The church held it's final service May 29, 1994.
0.7 Cubic Feet (5 document cases, 10 volumes)
Language of Materials
- Lyndi Parent
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Archives of DePauw University and Indiana United Methodism Repository
Roy O. West Library
405 S. Indiana St.
Greencastle Indiana 46135 United States