Huntington United Methodist Church (Huntington, Huntington County, Ind.) records
The collection consists of records for Bible study class; Board of Trustees; Men's Brotherhood; Church Directory; Clippings; Daughters of Ruth; Doing Duos Class; E.L.C.E.; misc. letters; members; local conference; newsletters; programs; Q.C.R.; W.M.S. Minutes; young peoples Alliance Minutes and Sunday school records.
- 1855 - 1978
- Bethel United Methodist Church (Huntington, Ind.) (Organization)
Collection is open for research.
Copyright interests for this collection are held by DePauw University or the United Methodist Church.
The church was also referred to as Bethel. In 1855 Rev. G. Goetz organized an Evangelical Association class about two miles east of Huntington and a small chapel was built shortly thereafter. Membership of the church increased until 1886, when a political division began in the society and the church almost died. It remained partially united until 1888-89, when Rev. D. Martz was successful in bringing the congregation back together and placed the membership on an upgrade again. Debts on the church and the parsonage were retired in 1942 and years of membership growth and building improvements followed.
0.86 Cubic Feet (2 document cases, 32 volumes)
Language of Materials
- Lyndi Parent
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script