Epworth United Methodist Church (Fort Wayne, Allen County, Ind.) records
Administrative council, attendance, building council, directories, history, membership and quarterly conference records.
- 1959 - 2000
- Epworth United Methodist Church (Ft. Wayne, Ind.) (Organization)
Collection is open for research.
Copyright interests for this collection are held by DePauw University or the United Methodist Church.
Epworth UMC had its beginnings in July 1959 when land was purchased by Fort Wayne Church Builders. In June 1960 the Rev. Earl Cogan was assigned to form a congregation and was to become the first pastor of the Church. An old cow barn on the Church land became the site of the first Church Service on July 17, 1960. The members soon began remodeling the farmhouse on the property and by October 9, 1960 the congregation was able to move there from the barn. On this Charter Sunday 57 members picked the name Epworth Methodist Church and became part of a new congregation. In 1964 a modern building was erected and services were held here until its closing on April 30, 2000.
0.61 Cubic Feet (2 document cases, 1 volume)
Language of Materials
- Lyndi Parent
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script