Trinity United Methodist Church (Marion, Grant County, Ind.) records
The collection includes Administrative Council Minutes 2001-2004, baptismal and membership records, directories 1942-2001, historical information, photographs, women's societies records, legal papers and various other records of Trinity UMC located in Marion, Indiana.
- 1916 - 2004
- Trinity United Methodist Church (Marion, Ind.) (Organization)
Collection is open for research.
Copyright interests for this collection are held by DePauw University or the United Methodist Church.
The First United Brethren Church, Marion, Indiana was organized in 1887 in a hall at the corner of Nebraska and 5th Streets. In 1892 the church was relocated at Delph and 2nd Streets. The cornerstone was set August 6, 1893. The Church was then known as First United Brethren Church. In 1946 the Church merged with the Evangelical United Brethren Church. At that time the name was changed to Trinity EUB and in 1968 became Trinity UMC. A new sanctuary was built in 1986. Dedication and mortgage burning were conducted October 11, 1992. In 2004 four United Methodist churches in Marion, Indiana merged to become one. Grace, New Hope, Swayzee Street and Trinity UMC unified and held their first service November 28, 2004 as God’s Grace UMC.
0.86 Cubic Feet (2 document cases, 19 volumes)
Language of Materials
- Lyndi Parent
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Description is in English.