Robert L. O'Hair and Central National Bank records
The collection includes ten scrapbooks, plaques, five star flag, 100th Anniversary Guest Register, slides, photographs, negatives, annual reports, statements of condition, correspondence, newspaper clippings, article and picture of John Harbison, postcards published by CENTRAL NATIONAL BANK, Greencastle A Hundred Years’ View, recognition certificates, 1999 National City Bank calendar, retirement announcement for Edith Browning.
- 1933 - 1992
Collection is open for research.
Copyright interests for this collection are held by DePauw University or the United Methodist Church.
Biographical and Historical Sketch
Central National Bank was chartered in 1883. It was originally located on the southwest corner of Greencastle’s courthouse square. Robert L. O’Hair (DPU x1874) organized the Board of Directors in 1893-1894 and was elected as president of the Board. The bank was robbed by John Dillinger and three other men on October 23, 1933. In 1958, Central National Bank celebrated its 75th Anniversary and in 1983, its 100th Anniversary. In 1971, the bank moved and relocated at the corner of Franklin and Vine Streets. The bank became a part of National City Bank, Ind., in 1993 and changed its name to National City Bank.
3.55 Cubic Feet (2 document cases, 2 record storage boxes and 1 flat box)
Language of Materials
- Robert L. O'Hair and Central National Bank records
- Wesley Wilson
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Description is in English.