Skip to main content

Academy records

 Collection
Identifier: DSU-2013-0013

Collection Statement

Group photographs--George Ham and Raymond Wright identified, programs, song, catalogues and andAcademy Chapel roll book,

Dates

  • 1856 - 1911

Access Restrictions

Collection is open for research.

Usage Restrictions

Copyright interests for this collection are held by DePauw University or the United Methodist Church.

Historical Sketch

The Academy or Preparatory Department opened in June, 1837, to fill a need when Indiana had few high schools. The Academy closed in 1912 when it was no longer needed.

Extent

0.02 Cubic Feet (1 file folder, 3 volumes)

Language of Materials

English

Title
Academy records Preparatory Department
Status
Completed
Author
Wesley Wilson
Date
02/06/2017
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
English
Script of description
Code for undetermined script
Language of description note
Description is in English.

Repository Details

Part of the Archives of DePauw University and Indiana United Methodism Repository

Contact:
Roy O. West Library
11 East Larrabee Street
Greencastle Indiana 46135 United States